We arrived at Crick Marina, turned around in the entrance,
and drove back to Yelvertoft.
Yelvertoft Wharf is no longer much of a wharf,
but it's a rather good spot for mooring.
We moored just past Welton Haven Marina
There was much more traffic on the canal as we
made our way down to Norton Junction
We caught (NB Constance) up at Braunston Top Lock, sharing all six locks with them.
Into Braunston...
We moored just past Moors Bridge,
less than 100 yards from Hillmorton Locks.
I had the great pleasure of meeting vollie Maurice Farndon.
...he has a golden windlass
The spot was the length of the two boats – just – and moorable.
Far too close to the railway, but now was not the time to be fussy!
...we carried on through the very shallow stop lock
and took the hairpin turn out of the basin and onto the Coventry Canal.
I have to admit to the pleasure I get from seeing the creativity
displayed in the piles of junk along a stretch of the canal here
Marston Junction, the start of the Ashby Canal
>>>===<<<







No comments:
Post a Comment